Audience Homework

How do you consume music?:

I often listen to music in order to motivate to do things, especially in relation to sporting activities because it prepares me for competition. I usually listen to music early in the morning because it gets me ready for school, as I'm usually 'half awake' and need a boost for the day head. I also sometimes listen to music whilst I'm revising at home, where I would usually get distracted from my work, and the music helps me to focus. I go to music gigs that have artists with a huge interest to me, the most recent gigs I have been to were at Brixton, where I saw the likes of Post Malone and Travis Scott. Obviously it is common to listen to music in the car on the radio but sometimes I find that they don't play songs that are suited to my taste of music, that's why it is much easier to listen on my phone which allows me to choose whatever song I want. I have found that me and my friends have a similar taste in music which is perfect really, because anyone can use there personal music knowing that everyone will enjoy the vibes. Music is something that is very gratifying to me as it allows me to get different vibes from different artists; one of my favourite things is going to festivals because the atmosphere is amazing and they're some of my most enjoyable memories.

Uses and Gratifications theory:


Personal Identification- I often listen to music when I'm feeling down in the dumps and I need something to cheer me up. I also find that its perfect for long journeys where without music I would have 'literally' nothing to do and I would be extremely bored.

Information- I learnt all about city of Compton and the abuse received from the residents there in the past from the famous N.W.A.

Entertainment- I find that any live performance I've seen so far in my life has been the most exhilarating form of entertainment.

Social Interaction- One of my best mates called Lloyd used to listen to Kanye wests song 'roses' and 'runaway'  with me all the time because we thought they were good songs and suited are aura very well.

Audience:

Our target audience would be the youth(young adults) of the world because of the very controversial topic that are music video will be about a man who can only be with a girl whilst he is 'high'. We will attempt to portray to the audience how this is negatively affecting this persons life and the overall impact that it places on people around him.





Final Music Video